background

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

scraphappiness

Scrapbooking is Happiness. It's ScrapHappiness. I'm not sure how that term formed in my little brain, but I think it actually could have been derived from a poster on a Babycenter board I used to frequent. I think she was "scraphappy" until a few people pointed out that it looked like she was "Crap Happy" and she changed her name. I assure you--I'm not CrapHappy, but ScrapHappy.

ScrapHappy and ScrapHappiness are not the same. ScrapHappy can only be described as an uncontrollable urge to scrapbook. ScrapHappiness comes when I've indulged in that urge. It's a high that only scrapbooking can give me.

I've been feeling very ScrapHappy lately. I've been running low on supplies, so I ventured to the local scrapbook store. OH the scrapbook store! It's the ulitimate drug. As I near the door and see the racks of papers and embellishments my heart races. As I enter, my heart skips a beat and a little excitment shiver goes up my spine. I could spend hours in there just browsing and trying to decide what to buy. I knew I needed this trip to be small to be friendly to the bank account balance, so I took Fat Girl with me. She's very good at telling me when it's time to get out of there while we still have money left to pay the bills. Fifteen minutes of scrapbook store bliss and $21.60 later, I had my loot. Yes-a little paper and some ribbon costs that much. I never said being ScrapHappy was cheap.













The ScrapHappy feeling is no greater than the moment I come home from the scrapbook store. I want to scrap and I want to do it now! That never works out, so it's like an itch I can't scratch for awhile.

Yesterday, I was finally able to do a little scrapbooking and AAAHHHH (angels start singing Hallelujah here)---ScrapHappiness! It does exist!


Little Boy was feeling a little ScrapHappy (or he just wanted to spend a little time with me and there was no keeping me from my scrapbooking supplies) and asked if he could do a page of his own. I handed him a peice of 12x12, a few pictures I wasn't planning to use, some scraps and a glue stick. He went to town and experienced ScrapHappiness for himself. I couldn't be more proud.

A little while later when I was on the phone and he used my paper cutter to destroy one of my new papers and a picture I was about to us? Not so proud.

Not bad for a three year old, eh?

4 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Cannot relate to your "scraphappiness" I do refer to it as "craphappiness" It is just not my bag...But that is so cute that your son sat and did that with you!!!!!!!!

Lee said...

That is so cute! Sounds like you two had fun!

emlouisa said...

What you didn't mention is that you have like 50,000 pages done and they are all cute.

We need to do another Scrap Night Out!

Unknown said...

I love scrapbooking, and my two oldest daughters like to help me. I get into my scrapbooking moods and I need to scrapbook NOW! Your son did a great job!