I have a dream to become a Child Passenger Safety Expert. I love learning about this, especially about carseats. I spend a lot of time researching and reading about them and take pride in knowing how to install and use carseats correctly. Did you know that 80-95% of carseats are used incorrectly? Even a properly installed carseat won't work if the child isn't in the seat correctly. Also, a child who is in a seat correctly won't be fully protected if the carseat isn't installed correctly. I am passionate about my children being as safe as possible. I pay attention to carseats. I pay attention to how people use them, how children are harnessed in them, and to how the carseats work. I'm often saddened at what I see, but that's a whole other blog. Today's blog is inspired by two carseats that I installed in my van today. The more experience I have with carseats the more I love Britax. Along with pictures for your viewing pleasure, I'll tell you why. (Yes, I went out and took pictures...don't laugh at me. I'm on my favorite soapbox.)
1. Britax harness straps don't get twisty or scrunchy like these other seats:
I have owned a Britax Roundabout for over three years. The straps are still perfectly straight and not scrunchy:
This is our other Britax, a Marathon that we've owned for less than a year. You really can't tell that the Roundabout is any older:
2. Britax seats come in cool and funky colors and patterns. You'll have to ask the Assitant Gardener why our colors are very tame and unfunky.
3. Britax are so easy to install. I've installed a lot of seats and Britax are easiest by far.
4. Many Britax seats have True Side Impact Protection.
5. The Companion infant seat has a higher weight and length limit than other infant seats. This made a difference of over 6 months of usage for us!
6. The Companion infant seat has an anti-rebound bar.
7. Britax seats can be tethered rear-facing. Other seats can't and are much harder to install and stabilize rear-facing.
Yes, Fat Girl is still rear-facing at 17 months and over 25 pounds. Children should stay rear-facing for as long as possible.
8. Britax seats allow children to be in a 5-point harness up to 80 pounds!
9. Britax seats have convenient belt holders that hold the straps aside for boarding.
10. Britax seats exceed US Safety Standards.
I love Britax!