background

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

i can't help it

I like to brag about my kids. I can't help it---they are just great kids and they make me very proud. Starring in today's shameless brag: Little Boy.

Yesterday, I was exhausted beyond belief and I needed a nap. I put Fat Girl down for her nap and told Little Boy that I was going to sleep for a little while. He said "Good Night Mom!" and went on with his playing. I could hear him occasionally while I was resting, but he just stayed in the family room and played with his toys. At one point, I heard Little Boy say to himself "Oh no! Now what am I going to do!?" I'm not sure what happened, but whatever it was he took care of it himself. I stayed in bed for an hour until Fat Girl rudely woke me up. I felt much better and thanked Little Boy profusely for allowing me to take a break.

Of course, an hour of no mommy around meant a big mess. The bed pillows and every throw pillow in the house were piled on the couch (oops, I mean airplane), stuffed animals were on the airplane in the middle of a cross country flight, toys were strewn from the bedroom to the family room and back again. I announced to Little Boy "Time to Clean up!" He half-heartedly started picking up a few thing. Then I told him that friends were coming over, but only if he helped clean up. I went on to vacuum up the popcorn that I had let Fat Girl throw all over the dining area and cleaned up the kitchen. Little Boy cleaned up the family room and as I was praising him for doing such a great job and even putting the pillows back on the couches correctly, he told me that he cleaned up his room too. This is what I found when I went to his room:

Isn't it amazing what a little motivation will do?

Did I mention that he's only 3?

11 comments:

ShelahBooksIt said...

you've trained him well!

Amber said...

Go little boy!

Lee said...

Wow what a great little boy! That is unbelievable.. want to train mine?

Maine Mom said...

Very impressive!

emlouisa said...

Awwww. What a good kid. When I get rid of this cold you guys need to come over. Miss you!

Rachelle said...

Yay for him! That's awesome. And his room is so cute!

Steph said...

WOW! He's amazing! And so are you, for teaching him so well! ;)

Sunny said...

WOW - what a great kid! Such a sweetie!

Lei said...

Wow, I am totally impressed! Btw, where did you get that darling stoplight lamp! Love it!

You know, when I happen to get in a nap and the house shows it - that always when the doorbell rings. :S

Dawnyel said...

Can you train my son to do that?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »