background

Saturday, July 22, 2006

an emotional week

It has been one thing on top of another this week. I've worried and prayed a lot.

Our friends had their twin baby girls, but they are eight weeks early and will have to spend a lot of time in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. They weighed less than 8 pounds combined, but are doing well so far. We pray for their continued improvement and hope they'll be able to join their parents at home soon. The parents are doing well and excited to welcome their two sweet girls.

My 20-year-old neice was on vacation with her family when she passed out and had a seizure. She has never had any medical problems before so this was very unexpected. Testing revealed some abnormalties so she'll need to undergo further testing to find out what's wrong. I am very worried about her and I'm praying that everything will come out normal.

My good friend's daughter got pneumonia and got very sick very fast. Luckily she is doing much better now and on the way to recovery.

My dad had a heart attack last summer and was having some problems recently. He underwent a procedure yesterday to make sure the stints he had done were still doing their job. Thankfully they are and everything is fine. I am glad I didn't find out about this until after his procedure yesterday so I didn't have to worry about him. But, it is still scary.

And last and perhaps most upsetting, my friend, CC, lost her husband, John. They were newlyweds and new parents to a little boy born in May. They went to bed one night and John didn't wake up the next morning. CC woke to find him not breathing and attempted CPR, but John had already been gone for a few hours. An autopsy revealed an enlarged heart which caused cardiac arrest. My heart aches for CC and for her little boy who will grow up without his father. John was a great person and will be very missed.

I can't stop thinking about all of these situations and about how fragile life is. Those we love can be taken at any time. All we can do is love each other now, pray for each other, and put our faith in the Lord and accept his will. I am thankful that I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and that I know that death is not the end. I pray that our friends and family will find comfort and know that the Lord is watching over them.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really have had a lot on your plate. (((BIG HUGS))) Makes me want to hug my kids a little tighter today.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope your friends and family members get well soon.

My heart goes out to CC as my sister's husband of 2 years died a month ago (totally different circumstances, but it doesn't hurt any less). I hope she and their baby have a great support group among her family and friends.

Faith in the Plan of Salvation certainly is a great comfort in times like these.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

big giant (((HUGS)))!

QueenMeadow said...

Huge ((hugs)) for sure. That is a lot to endure in such a short period of time.

Missy said...

(((((HUGS)))))Oh, my! My family will keep all of you in our prayers!

Chrissy said...

{HUGS}~~I will pray for you, the family, your friend & her son...

A friend shared with me at church this morning that his friend had died yesterday while riding the bike trail--mid 40's, heart attack. Someone else shared that a mother (the baby lived) and a baby (the mother lived)had died this week in the L&D where she is a nurse. My heart is heavy for all of these people! love, C

Lee said...

((hugs)) I am so sorry. What a lot to deal with. How grateful I am for the gospel!

sheri said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for all of you! As difficult as all of these things are, the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation is a comfort. Prayers and hugs for you and your friends and family.

Rachau said...

My heart alos goes out to CC.I am so sorry.How sad that must be for her and her new little baby.
You are so right life is to short.
It's nice to know we have the plan of salvation.And the Temples to go to.
(((Hugs))) To you hang in there and know that your friends care about you!

emlouisa said...

Sounds like a crazy week! I am so so sorry that I wasn't there for you during it! I'll come over tomorrow and we can eat my birthday ice cream and talk it over.

Blackeyedsue said...

I don't know where we would be without our faith to sustain us in times like these.

These people are so lucky to have someone like you in their lives that cares so much about them.

You are a good friend.

Lei said...

{{{hugs for you, hon.}}}

MusicalMom said...

My goodness! What a lot of stressful situations you're dealing with.

(((((HUGS)))))

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Wow! What a week! I hope that you and your family and friends find the comfort you need. That is so sad about your friend. That is terrible and heartbreaking.

beth said...

Oh my goodness, this is so much for you to take in at once. I am so sorry for your friend and her family.

Dixie Chic said...

I am so sorry. :(

((((HUGS)))

ALI said...

i'm so sorry for all you and friends and family have been going through just spent the last few months dealing with my own families medical issues-dad had two heart attacks, nephew born very sick, and just diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. i know how awful this stuff is, hugs for you and yours, you are all in my thoughts.

can't even comprehend waking up without my husband, it makes me shudder.