background

Monday, June 22, 2009

not great clips

Taylor and Sidney needed haircuts. Taylor is choosing to let his hair grow long this summer, but needed a bang trim so he could see. Sidney just needed an inch off the length. I used to always cut Taylor's hair, but longer hair is not my forté, so I loaded up the troops and headed to Great Clips. The 'stylists' were not busy and there were a few available, so they got their hair cut at the same time (really good since I had to keep Stella out of the hair on the floor during the cuts). Taylor's was finished and the lady said "it looks uneven, but it's really not---besides you don't want it to look perfect." I thought it looked funny, but since he wears his hair messy, I thought it would be okay once it dried. Sidney was finished too, so we paid and we were outta there. Quick and painless, I thought.

Not so. Next day, I start brushing Sidney's hair and this is what I find in the back:


Taylor looked like a member of the beetles, but worse. Not only was it uneven across, but one side looked completely different than the other:


I knew it was bad when Steve got home and thought I had cut their hair. I took them back and had them re-cut. The same lady got Taylor and she said "well, you only wanted his bangs cut...so that's all I cut." Well yes, lady, but I did want it even and well blended.

This is probably my 4th bad experience with Great Clips haircuts. The first three were my own, but I thought that surely they couldn't mess up kid's hair. I'm done trying to save money on hair!

7 comments:

Alissa said...

ooh.. those are awful. i promise you could do better than that.

Company EIGHT said...

yikes! I think that would be the last "great clips" visit I would make! They did go to cosmetology school, right?

Cortney Clegg said...

hahaaa! Sorry, I guess it's not all THAT funny except that Great Clips butchered Nate's hair twice (how do you mess up with clippers?!) before I finally decided to do it myself. It kinda makes you wonder how those people ever graduated from hair school...
Is everything better and even now?

Katie said...

Aargh. I was planning on going there tomorrow. I'm about 50/50 on haircuts. Usually it's not too bad when they don't do it right. Still, I think I'm to cheap to reconsider. Don't laugh at me the next time you see me.

They did Gracie's hair the other day, though, and it was spectacular. Maybe I'll try to get that lady.

Tamlynn said...

Wait. Is this place over at the outlet mall? I had my hair cut there when my hair was shoulder length. I got home and it was totally uneven! I went back and they lady said, "whoah, how did that happen?" That was at least 7 years ago!

nikki said...

Oh my I feel your pain. I finally gave up on trying to save money there. I take my kids to Cool Cuts 4 Kids and it has changed my life. :) I figure $2 extra is worth it for the boys not to look homeless! Here's to hoping they fixed it up for you!

dannyhaley said...

Alicia,

Wow, I was so surprised to see you on my blog! How are you? Your kids look so old and grown up. How is AZ?

Hope things are going good
Take care,
Haley