background

Monday, November 09, 2009

musings of new writers

Watching my child learn to read/write is a complete joy to me! I've always loved to read and there are times when I love to write and seeing my kids find the joy in that is high on my list. Sidney just turned 5 years old and is learning to read and write. I've been finding some funny little notes around the house---on paper, on the chalkboard, etc. Here's some of the latest and greatest:

MUSKTEER iS THE BEST (Barbie has a musketeers movie out that Sidney loves).

SiDNEY iS THE BEST
TAYLOR iS THE NOT GOOD
STELLA iS THE CUTE

JANESSA BCUS YOO R MY BEST FRED I LUV YOO

SiDNEY iS THE BEST BCUS SHEE CAN ACT LiC U PRiNSSUSS

I love that she uses all caps except for the "i"s.

Sidney is just following in the footsteps of big brother, Taylor, who likes to write short stories, and loves reading. He is whipping right through the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books ( he read two last week and is halfway through another one!) and tries to read for an hour a night! Yesterday, he started writing a story that I found lying around. I'm not sure why the funny spacing....but I got a kick out of it!

Moon Myiesterys #1

Chapter 1
are we on the moon?

Once there was
1 asternot.
They live in orlando, flarda.
One time they blasted
into space!
There misson
was to
go to the moon.
When they have got there he
said "Are
we on the
moon?"
And Something anssered.
And it said "yes."

Talk about a cliffhanger! My kids are awesome!

2 comments:

ditndetes said...

I too am loving this stage. All the little love letters just melt my heart!

Cortney Clegg said...

SO FUNNY! That must be fun to find all those notes around the house. How is Arkansas??